FAIRY CHIMNEYS AND MAGIC VALLEYS
9:00 am - 5:00pm
Min.2 – Max. 16
- Soganli Valley and hidden rock cut churches
- Taskinpasa Madrasah
- Kaymakli Underground City
All the entrance fees to the sites
Assistance of a local guides
Transport (Taxi or private A/C van depending on number)
After meeting your guide you will drive to Soganli (onion) Valley to do some light trekking. Here you will explore the hidden cave churches of Soganli. From here you will drive to Taskinpasa Madrasah from the 13th century and then visit Keslik Monastery which has the biggest refectory (monastic dining complex) in the whole of Cappadocia.
After having lunch at a local restaurant you will head to Mustafapasa town which is famous for old Greak Mansions and houses. When you wander down the alleyways of Mustafapasa you will be amazed with the elaborate and beautiful stonework of these houses. Then you will drive to Kaymakli Underground City. So far they have discovered more than 36 underground cities in the region and this is the largest one with its 9 levels cleared and open to adventurous travellers. Legend has it that these, and yet undiscovered underground cities stretch all the way across Cappadocia to Kayseri. Used initially as storage for animals and crops during winter they were developed as shelter for the inhabitants to remain safe during times of war and persecution. From here we will drive back to your hotel.
For lunch you will be invited to a local’s house for the best local cuisine.
Before you go
- You will have a private A/C Van with you all day. But still you will need comfortable shoes to enjoy the sites
- Changing money in Cappadocia can be little bit hard. So better to be sure that you have enough Turkish Lira with you before you travell to Cappadocia. But ATMs are availabe in all towns.
- To explore Kaymakli Underground City you will need to walk through norrow tunnels whre you will need to duck sometimes.
Number of People
|9 People and more||Please ask for the best price|
- Gratuities to guide and driver
- Any items not specifically mentioned as included