HIGHLIGHTS OF CAPPADOCIA
9:00 am - 5:00pm
Min.2 – Max. 16
- Walking through the valleys of Cappadocia
- Goreme Open Air Museum
- Uchisar Castle
- Kaymakli Underground City
- Breathtaking view points
All the entrance fees to the sites
Assistance of a local guides
Transport (private A/C van)
The tour starts at 09.00 and finishes around 17.00
You will meet your guide at 09:00 in your hotel reception. You will first do some light trekking through some valleys where you will see amazing rock formations, churches and dove-cotes. We will then visit Pasabag which is famous for triple headed fairy chimneys. Then you will drive to Goreme Open Air Museum. This museum has the finest collection of rock hewn churches from the Byzantine Era. All these churches have the finest frescoes from the post iconoclastic period 10th and 11th century, outside of Europe.
Then you will drive to Kaymakli Underground City. So far they have discovered more than 36 underground cities in the region and this is the largest with its 9 levels cleared and open to adventurous travellers. Legend has it that these, and yet undiscovered underground cities stretch all the way across Cappadocia to Kayseri. Used initially as storage for animals and crops during winter they were developed as shelter for the inhabitants to remain safe during times of war and persecution. After visiting the underground city you will drive to Uchisar which was used as a watch tower and citadel by the people of Cappadocia.
After taking some more panoramic photo stops along the way, you will drive back to the hotel.
Before you go
- You will have a private A/C Van with you all day. But still you will need comfortable shoes to enjoy the sites
- Changing money in Cappadocia can be little bit hard. So better to be sure that you have enough Turkish Lira with you before you travell to Cappadocia. But ATMs are availabe in all towns.
- To explore Kaymakli Underground City you will need to walk through norrow tunnels whre you will need to duck sometimes.
Number of People
|9 People and more||Please ask for the best price|
- Gratuities to guide and driver
- Any items not specifically mentioned as included