JEWELS OF THE EMPIRE
9:00 am - 5:00pm
No Ticket Line
- Topkapi Palace
- Hagia Sophia
- Blue Mosque
- Grand Bazaar
All the entrance fees to the sites
Assistance of a local guides
Transport (Taxi or Tram)
We can hire a private van with a 90 USD difference per day
This tour starts at 09.00 and finishes around 16.00
You will be met by your guide at 09.00 at your hotel. First we will head to Topkapi Palace which was the opulent residence of the Ottoman Sultans. Along will stories from your guide you will live the history and feel the atmosphere of past centuries.
Then you will continue to Hagia Sophia by walking through a lovely alleyway full of Ottoman Houses. Hagia Sophia will amaze you with its history and the tales hiding inside. When you are inside, you will appreciate the ability of Justinian and his architects and their vision, even back in the 6th century when this was the largest church in all of Christendom. This was once one of the largest and finest buildings in the world.
From here you will walk to Sultanahmet Mosque. Built by Sultan Ahmed 1 in 1616. Once you walk in to the mosque you will be surrounded by magnificent 17th Century handmade blue Iznik tiles. Then you will understand why they call this gray building ‘Blue’ Mosque.
Our next point of interest will be the Hippodrome which was the main entertainment arena of Constantinople during the Roman and Byzantine era. However today you will need a little bit imagination to picture the chariot races and the fans going crazy with the speed and excitement of them.
We will then walk to the Grand Bazaar just to experience the incredible and lively atmosphere.
After spending some time here we will head back to the hotel, or leave you to make the bargain of a lifetime.
We will fit our lunch break in with your wishes and the advice of the guide.
Before you go
- You need to pay the price of the tour as cash to your guide.
- Since you have to walk in between the sites (5 to 8 min) and in the sites as well you will need comfortable shoes.
- Since you can cover yourself with the borrowed clothings of the mosque, there is no dress code for this tour.
- At summer time temperature of Istanbul can go up to 38 Santigrat degree (100.4 degrees Fahrenheit) you might need to have a hat and drink lots of water.
- Be sure that your camera is fully charged
Number of People
|2 People (per person)||90$|
|3-4 People (per person)||80$|
|5-6 People (per person)||70$|
|7-8 People (per person)||60$|
|9 People and more||Please ask for the best price|
- Gratuities to guide and driver
- Any items not specifically mentioned as included
Hagia Sophia is closed on Mondays. We replace Hagia Sophia with Harem in Topkapi Palace
Topkapi Palace is closed on Tuesdays. We replace it with Basilica Cistern and Spice Market